facebook   twitter   mail  

The Gisborne Photo News



PAST & Present

A brewery built on the northern end of Lowe Street in 1874, was bought in 1875 by its manager W.F. Crawford.

Courtesy Gisborne Museum & Arts Centre

Pictured above are the Redstone Stables and W.S.Davidson's Shoeing Forge in (1897) According to Crawford's Journal driving sheep was thirsty work and a sheep was sure to fall sick opposite the brewery. "The shepherd, covered with dust, comes in for a bucket of water..."


The photo at right shows Riverside House with the Maori Land Court building.