facebook   twitter   mail  

The Nelson Photo News




Points of Interest


This memorial pyramid near Riwaka commemorates a landing by Captain Arthur Wakefield in October, 1841.


Fifeshire Rock, a prominent landmark near Haulashore Island, was originally named Arrow Rock after the first ship to enter through the old harbour entrance. The name was changed to Fifeshire when the barque of that name foundered on the rock in 1842 after disembarking the first immigrants.